The Many Styles of Msbambaataa
Name: Nnenna Bambaataa
Outfits’ Descriptions: I actually didn’t wear these outfits anywhere, but to take pictures- I have no life outside of school. I love to wear prints, colorblock, and on my fierce days I throw on all black everything. Usually people get their inspiration from magazines and blogs, but I get mine from the random, beautiful people I see walking among the stylish streets of New York.
- Describe your personal style? If I could choose one word to describe my style I’d pick versatile. I wear whatever I feel like wearing. I sometimes go according to themes. One day I could look like a rebel, next day retro, another day urban, and the day after that classy. It all depends on my mood and sometimes where I’m going. I just like to be free, and do me.
- According to you, the most fashionable place in the world is… NYC
- Favorite designers? Tracy Reese, Alexander McQueen, Balmain
- Favorite/Least Favorite current Fashion Trend?
Maxi skirts- I hate showing my legs, so these are perfect for me!
Hmm…I don’t dislike any trends.
- THIS or THAT
STYLE or FASHION
WEAVE or WIG or NATURAL ( ALL )
GOLD or SILVER
STUDS or SPIKES
DESIGNER or THRIFT
- Any other project you’d like us to keep an eye out for?
An official blog as well as a youtube channel for makeup, hair, and fashion
- Name 5 of your favorite places to shop offline.
UrbanOutfitters (during a sale!),
- When you hear the term “BlackFashion” What comes to mind?
I think of people (not just black) having the ability to feel free to express themselves.