Recently I got the chance to interview Jerrica a Dominican fashion blogger of Fashionnostalgia.com who shared with us her Five Fashion must haves along with being Latin in the blogging industry. Check it out!
- What’s your Fashion Philosophy?
That’s Simple- if you feel good in it wear it!
- How would you define your personal style?
At the moment I would define it as minimalism, classic, menswear inspired thing with a touch of seduction. *Sorry for the mouthful*
- What it’s like to be a Dominican (Latina) fashion blogger?
Pros: I like being able to communicate a second language and learning different phrases/slang words from other Spanish speaking countries. The biggest con is being a tad lonely. I don’t have too many Latin followers nor do I have many favorites but I’m working on changing that.
- Do you care more about Fashion or Style?
To me you can’t have one without the other. Style describes the specifics of an individual’s taste- categorizes them you can say into branches of eccentric, retro, minimalism, etc.- while fashion is the tree that houses each branch of style.
- How has your culture inspired you to dress the way you dress?
My culture is very sensual and I find I’m naturally drawn to dress the part. I love showing a good amount of skin and curves. I’m inspired by the strength and mysterious nature from the women of my culture.
- Who or what inspired you to create a fashion blog?
I was looking for fashionable interview clothes on Google and came across chictopia.com. I quickly noticed everyone had this platform called “a blog” to share their love of fashion with street styles, inspiration images, etc.- after that I was hooked. No one around me craved fashion the way I did and having a blog connected me to others that shared my obsession. The first blog I ever visited happened to be a Latina blogger, Delmy of FashionBananas.
Links: http://www.chictopia.com/ & http://www.fashionbananas.com/
- What does Black Fashion mean to you?
Black Fashion is exciting, colorful, and daring. There’s a sense of community no matter how different the styles are and I find that incredibly unique within a community.
- Your five fashion must-haves?
- Perfect fitting bottoms that won’t flatten my bottom (preferably in black).
- Loose fitting sheer shirt (preferably in white).
- Silver-metal accessories.
- Sleek slightly over sized tote bag
- A pair of killer shoes (no preference).
Check out Jerrica’s blog Fashion Nostalgia and tell her we sent you!